The Lexington-Concord study

walkin' man

This may have been posted in the past, but it is probably worth another look. It is a "survey poll of legal firearms owners in the U.S." Pretty interesting reading.
This link will take you to the Freerepublic website.

www.freerepublic.com/forum/a369c61c61d50.htm

My first attempt at a hyperlink, if it doesn't work....anyone feel free. How's this Rob? :)

------------------
land of the free and the home of the brave......WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT

Thanks for the link Walkin' man. That was a very interesting study. I found the "active resistance" statistics heartening!

Never seen this poll before, but that's not surprising at all. Most media outlets wouldn't bother to report its findings, and the ones that would, like Worldnet Daily, are generally derided as lunatic-fringe by the mainstream.

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

I wonder what would happen if we sent copies of this to our representatives? Considering their bent, probably would think it a threat, right?
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

very interesting. it makes me feel better now
that i won't be alone in my resistance. but if i read it right that was done in 95, before all these wacko kids started shootin' up the schools. i wonder if it would still be the same today.

------------------
fiat justitia

Well, it was taken of law-abiding gunowners, don't forget, and I haven't heard of many here who suddenly became grabbers. My answers would be the same.

What shocked me was not that you wouldn't be alone, but the near-unanimity of that fact. I would never have guessed that you could come up with a figure of over 50 million people who have both the willingness and the means to "actively resist".

Now; how do you get that message to your Congressman without committing a crime by being "threatening"? I don't wish to threaten anyone, but I wouldn't mind letting people know what I have promised...

[This message has been edited by Larry P. (edited May 22, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Larry P. (edited May 22, 1999).]

Back