The Lee Arms Co., Red Jacket No. 3 Model

danielgnsmth

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but am hoping to have a lot of conversations about different guns. This one just came across my desk. It belonged to the Late Henry "Kelly" Wagle. I believe the 5-shot .32 caliber pistol to be a Red Jacket 3. I am looking for parts to make it complete as Illinois police before releasing guns back to family members makes them inoperable. In the case of this gun the pin and any screws and springs that held the cylinder in place. I'd be happy to discuss more history on this pistol and any place or website I may find a schematic or parts would also be helpful.

Thank everyone ahead of time for your input.

Attachments

• .32 cal revolver.jpg
    .32 cal revolver.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 136
The company was only in production for about 3 or 4 years. After that, no clue whether it folded or was sold.

Production wasn't particularly high, either, so finding parts is going to be something of a challenge.

If you're truly wanting to get it back into working condition, just know that it's chambered for a rimfire .32 caliber round that hasn't been widely available for 100 years or more.

Thanks for the info. Do either of you know what the front pin and screw look like uninstalled from the gun? Maybe I can machine them?

Back