The law wants to see your guns

It is legal to ask any question you want.

Without a warrant, I believe that you can refuse to show anything.

My father and I'll was just talking about this today. I'll be nice as can be and tell them "sure, I'll let you come on in and check them.....when I see the search warrant".

The law can ask questions if they want. But you have no obligation to talk to them or let them search you without a warrant.

I would answer this question with "I think I will contact my attourney and seek his advice first." I suspect that would be the end of it, particularly if the agents are trying to bully me in the manner that the link suggested.

Officer, may I have your card? Thank you, If my attorney thinks I should consent to a warrant-less search of my house, I will let you know. Have a nice day.

Problem is, many people aren't aware you can deny them entry without a warrant.

"Sure, I've got nothing to hide. Come on in!".:barf:

Just one of those cases where an agency will fish for information and hope some people are going to willingly provide it. I hear of cases in our homeschooling community across the states where Social Services will show up asking to see the kids and interview them. Same thing, there is no obligation to allow it, but they'll take whatever information they can get if they can get it.

It's good to politely but firmly refuse such searches with a smile.:)

Back