The Kodiak™ 209 (.50 Cal) Magnum Load?

MACK_USCG

Inactive
I'm getting ready to buy this rifle this Friday and was wondering if anyone else had one of these? I would like to know what load to use (primer/powder/sabot) for this gun.

Thanks,
Mack

I've got the Wolf Magnum 209.

I use Winchester 209 primers (just cause thats what they had a far as brand), Triple Seven FFFg loose (not pelletized) 100 grs for powder charge (gonna back that down to 80 for awhile after the "buying bombs?" thread), and 295 gr PowerBelt copper jacket hollow points.

I don't know why people don't like the PowerBelts. They work for me.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Yeah...my days of shooting 150gr of pyrodex pellets out of my cva .45 are over! I'm hunting Adirondacks this weekend and I'm going to try 80gr and 100gr of Triple 7 with the same powerbelt you use with the new gun. Have you tried the remington 209's over the winchesters? I was told the remington burn cleaner with the triple 7 pellet combo. Jeez there are so many different combos. I just want to be able to make a nice shot on a deer without worrying.

Thanks Again,
Mack

Guys,
This is what I got right from CVA. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Mack

"I would suggest that you use the 2 of the 50 grain Pyrodex pellets or Triple 7 pellets, also use the Winchester Triple 7 primers , pre lube your barrel, put a little all natural lube on a cleaning patch and run it down the barrel follow this with 2 dry clean patches one at a time fire a primer then load the gun, I would use a 295 grain PowerBelt bullet. After you fire then run one damp, just from the moisture in your mouth, patch down the barrel and reload and shoot, do this between each shot. Repeat the lubed patch and 2 dry patches after 4 shots."

David H. Meredith
Customer Service Manager
Public Relations
5988 Peachtree Corners East
Norcross, GA 30071-1336
770-4494687 Ext 111

The Powerbelts were designed for the CVA rifles. They work good in the CVA guns but not so good in other manufacturers guns. I bought some and tried them in my Traditions Pursuit Pro, 1st shot 8 inches high 6 inches left, 2nd shot 8 inches high 6 inches right. I don't mind a bullet shooting high or low, I can correct for that but spreading the group horizontally I know of no correction for this and that is why I don't like the Powerbelts. I still have to try them in my CVA though. Hope to get better results.

Mack USCG, Good advise I just completed the early season doe hunt here in MN and used your combination (2) 50 gr triple seven pellets, winchester primers, Powerbelt bullet, I do not bother with the moisture in the barrel, all this is shoved in my Knight Revolution, (althought I am having problems with mis-fires I posted a question earlier). I shot one at about 60 yds and the other at about 80 yds, Oybor

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

Back