• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

The handguns split categories aren't good.

Lavan

I can see how splitting the handguns category would make the forums shorter and thus maybe less bandwidth to load when accessed, BUT there sure are fewer threads.

At least it seem that way. Anyone actually count the threads since the split?

Whenever I look, there are very few red folders indicating active topics.

IMHO

I agree, though some of it may be due to hunting season. And striped bass season on the Chesapeake. John

I'm with you brother! Now watch your post get locked.. like mine did when I said it. ....oops did I say that outloud.

shiro

shiroikuma - If you're talking about this one: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47269 , if you checked the last post in it you would have seen that it wasn't locked, it was moved to the Suggestion forum just as this one will be. You apparently knew that as you posted a response in that forum.

If you're talking about this one: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47334 , it was pointless and a lock was appropriate.

Lavan - "Anyone actually count the threads since the split?"
No.

"Whenever I look, there are very few red folders indicating active topics."
Perhaps you are checking too frequently. I haven't noticed a decrease in the number of posts.

Moving this to the Suggestion forum...

Anyone actually count the threads since the split?
Yup. We sent the raw data to Miami Dade and are still awaiting the results. ;)

Chill, guys. The suggestion to split the Forums was not from Staff. It was from Members. The arguments "for" were better than the arguments "against" after everyone was given a chance for input. Don't be Gore Loosers :D The info is still there for you.

Shiro-
When making an argumant or registering a complaint, it's best to have the facts on your side....or, at least, one fact. ;)
Rich

Here's a member who LIKES the fact that the forums were split.

As I said in the last round of "I don't like the new format," I'm a revolver kind of guy, and I like not having to wade through 75 "What's the best 9mm" and "Which is better, 9mm or .45" threads to find one revolver thread.

As for the number of threads dropping off, yes, I believe that it has.

But it is NOT just the handgun sections!

I'm pretty certain that the number of posts is down across all of the forums.

But, think of this, guys.

Could the message traffic be down simply because it the HOLIDAYS are neigh?

Back