The Grinch may have come early :(

Hal

I had a Browning Buckmark Camper on order with the local gun shop. I've seen a bunch of them at the shows, but none in satin nickle, so I figured I would order one. I was told a week ago that it might not be in by Christmas because things close down pretty much for the holidays. No problem. If it isn't in by Christmas, I figured a short wait wasn't all that bad.
I went in today to check on the progress and was informed that as of Jan 1st, Browning will cease production of the Buckmark. I know Browning has stopped the Hi Power, but a lot of posts said Browning would continue the Buckmark. I have no reason to doubt what the dealer said, he stood to lose a sale since he knew I wanted a Camper, and they had none, but others did. He told me to buy one from elsewhere, especially if I spotted a nickel finish one. It sounds as if Browning may want to forestall any involvement in legal action by stopping at least importation, if not production. I'm a bit miffed since I really wanted the Buckmark, but more miffed if Browning caved in. I really hope this isn't a trend. First Colt and now Browning. John M, must be doing a lot more than rolling. A plague on the houses and a pox to those that disturbed his peace.
hey Sarah, Bah Humbug! #itch!

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
Deliberatley Unarmed People (DUPs) are one thing, we demand the choice.
http://www.ofcc.net

Hope Santa drops a big lump of coal (**it) down all their chimneys

Happy Holidays and Happy Shooting

------------------
gun control is people control

This is unreal! I understood that the Hi-power was being dropped for low sales. But the Buckmark is still very popular, at least among the shooters I know.
Can anybody confirm this?
Forget that lump of coal down the chimney, make it a very large bag dropped on their heads!

Back