The Future of Gun Shows?

HarryB

If the legislation passed by the House should clear the Senate and be signed by Clinton (ironic if he vetoed it eh?) do non licensed dealers have a future at shows?

Will people be willing to wait 24hrs when an instant check through a FFL is available?

How will non-dealers make these checks? Are they available on weekends? If they aren't will people get their weapons after 24hrs regardless--check or no check?

Will non-dealers have to use 4473 or a new equivalent?

On the ranting side Clinton made two statements on CNN that really ticked me off:

"Instead of closing the deadly gun show loophole, the House of Representatives voted in the dead of night to let criminals keep buying guns at gun shows. This vote will not stand the light of day," Clinton said in a statement from Cologne, Germany.

How many of these criminals have been arrested and prosecuted? Obviously this is a serious problem! [SARCASM]

"It is crazy for the United States to be the only advanced country in the world that doesn't take comprehensive, sensible, thorough steps to keep handguns out of the hands of criminals," Clinton had urged.

No less crazy is not arresting, prosecuting, and incarcerating of these criminals!

Good questions. My current job (not a dealer but my boss has an FFL) occasionally calls for me to do weapon transfers and as of now, I'll only do them to people that have carry permits. How does the average Joe get a background check done for a weapon transfer?

Although gun ownership is what the clinton freaks are attacking, they are hitting gun shows hard because of all the untaxed sales occurring. You know it drives them crazy not being able to tax every gun sale to the last 1/4 cent. Once they eliminate this type of free market (and individual one-on-one sales to boot), they will be able to tax gun sales into oblivion.

They really can't lose if the momentum continues. If oppressive gunshow legislation passes, they can make huge gains in revenues from regulated, back-ground-checked, over taxed gun sales. Once they go one step further and start confiscating, they won't tax anything. They'll just take what they want. This the ultimate self-financed, multi-level marketing scam.

From Ivan8883 6-18-99 1018 PM EDT It is appropriate that Big Comrade made those anti gun remarks in The NEW FOURTH REICH OF GERMANY. You think things are bad hereas far as personal rights and freedoms? From what people have told me, the NWO is firmly in control in the new united Germany. These evil people have improved on the Hitler and Communist methods of thought and mind control. Schroder and his gang,who refused to take the Oath to God when they were sworn into office, have set up a state that George Orwell and Big Comrade would be proud of. People have been jailed for speaking or writing on subjects that the authorities deem inapropriate as an example. I am getting off subjectbut Germany was an excellent place to blast our gun rights ! Ivan

HarryB,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Will people be willing to wait 24hrs when an instant check through a FFL is available?[/quote]

I think that in my state (Indiana) it will cause an increase in CCW's, since a CCW holder is exempt from the wait. I bet they never thought of that angle! :)

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

John Hunter. The people with CCW's are already registered into the system. Our kind and beneficent government does't want gun registration. They want the names of gun owners and their location so they can come get the guns.
CCW is a two edged sword. You don't have to go through the background check. They have your name.
Paul B.

Paul B.,

With all the gun purchases, pro-gun organizations, political support of pro-gun candidates, gun magazines, Indiana Hunter Safety Instructor, etc. I don't think adding a CCW in any way added to their knowledge of me. If I am not in their record books by now I never will be.
wink.gif

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

Back