• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

The Firing Line Logo

Doc

Is it my imagination or have the crosshairs moved from the second "i" in firing to the "i" in line? - Doc

Say it ain't so, Joe!
It's quite hypnotic, and has preserved my sanity many a time while waiting for my decrepit chip to load pages.
I guess I just get attached to the little things in life. And thanks for the warning. My wires get crossed pretty easily when stuff like that happens.

-boing

P.S.-Gary, what's SWAG?

Wow, the windage has been corrected.

Noooo Rich. Please don't take away the gun. Put it to vote! Members arise, our leadership plans to disarm us of our Class III logo! Aux Arms! Nous sommes Trahis! Traison! Aux Arms! Suave qui peut!

Boing - SWAG was used by Carlos Hathcock. It stands for Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

Gary-
We've got (had) an ad agency working on the front page, links, library and logo since October. I keep rejecting what I see.

So the FN is up for grabs. Stay tuned and keep an open mind. We can always change it back.
Rich

How 'bout an Eagle & a Kangaroo back to back each holding a pair of Gold plated Para's ? ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

4V50 GARY,I get it. The crosshairs look too much like am assault weapon's sight and Rich is starting to move to the left!?!?! :) Doc

Doc-
You've found me out. The new graphic will be a picture of a deer driving an SUV with a big smile and a dead hunter lashed across the hood.
Rich

Rich,
My initial comeback you would have to edit out. So, "Aha!" :) :)

BTW, "Guess who's coming to dinner!" (heh, heh)

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited February 16, 1999).]

Dennis,
When you've been away from people to long and someone ask you to dinner, Ya don't know if you will be the main quest or the main course. I haven't been around long but I sure like the logo and now your going to change it? I quess I missed the vote?

Rich, one thing please: If The Gun is retired, could there be a pre-announced day and time when the crosshairs settle smack on the dot... and with a burst of .50 full auto HIT the danged thing?
Seeing it dithering about the target has been ennervating to say the least
:)

Back