• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

the firing line gunshow feedback section

scoobydoo6906

I think the feedback section is pretty useless, I think organized it a little differently it would really a lot better. The main problem is finding feedback on one certain user, its nearly impossiable. A good example of a system that seems to work well is on the ar15.com forum. You can check a persons history and get feedback from people that have dealt with that person directly. It is really helpful in making non face to face deals. Other than that one thing I love the forum here. I think you guys may be able extra cash to run the forum if maybe you sold t-shirts and stuff like. Selling the shirts would help grow the forum also.

First I'd organize it bye user name, alphabetical order. For the users that start with a number organize them numerically after or before the lettered user names. Then maybe be able to click on the users name and leave feedback, like +1 for a good transaction and a -1 for a bad transaction. They would have to be separate thought you could not combine them. For instance a user with two good transactions and one bad one would look something like this (I'll use my user name) scoobydoo6906: +2 -1, maybe highlight the bad with ones with red. Maybe also be able when you post a +/- rating be able to make a comment about about a bad transaction. If you clicked in - section it could open the list of bad comments. So that way people could see what the issues were with that transactions. I think it would weed out a lot of chronic users that people have problems with. You should require a rating if sold or bought for the gun show section. I am sure you couldn't really enforce that but I think it really wouldn't need to be because most people would respect it and do it. You could allow users to add to the user transaction list if the person had no prior info. That would cut down on the hands on work for the staff and or moderators. However you would need to make it impossible for users to add there own names and or comments or ratings.

Back