The Cost of Compliance in Chicago

mabar

Link:
http://www.chicagohandgun.org/2007/12/the-cost-of-compliance.html

The Cost of Compliance
By Admin on December 10, 2007 9:50 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

The costs of complying with the City of Chicago's unconstitutional firearms ordinances can be quite high. Let's set aside the obviously incalculable cost when a loved one is raped or murdered because they lacked the means to defend themselves.

What does it cost to remain in compliance?

As required by Chicago ordinance, firearms owners must fill out one of these forms, front and back, for each firearm each year. In addition to being notarized, the form must be accompanied with 2 passport style photos, a copy of your driver's license, a copy of your FOID card, and a check or money order for $20.

There is a volume discount, but it is not so easy to make use of, and probably impossible if we ever get a '1-gun a month' law passed. For 2-10 firearms, the fee is $25. For 11 or more, $35. You cannot register new firearms along with renewing existing firearms in the same transaction and make use of the volume discount.

You must renew a firearm's registration no earlier than 60 days prior to expiration and no later than the expiration date.

I've decided keep a running log of what I have registered and when the renewals are due. Part of this is to show the costs, another part is to help me remember when to mail in those forms.

Date Firearm Fee Other
Jan 19, 2007 Remington 870 Express $20.00 $8.00
May 03, 2007 Schmidt Rubin K31 $20.00 $8.00
Aug 21, 2007 Mosin Nagant M91/30 $20.00 $8.00
Aug 21, 2007 TTN Model 1878 Coach Gun $20.00 $8.00
Sep 25, 2007 Ruger 10/22 $20.00 $8.00

Want to do something about Chicago's clearly illegal handgun ban? Click Here to learn more about how you can help get your rights back!

Tom

Perhaps one day we will live in a world where a city or county law cannot over-ride the existing STATE LAW. I still do not understand why this is allowed to continue.

Legal and Political: Round table discussions range from the Bill of Rights, to concealed carry, to general political issues.

Moving to L&P.

Back