The Condor Knife & Tool 'Hudson Bay' Knife: A Great Concept, Poorly Handled

Sarge

The CK&T Hudson Bay has a good quality, large carbon steel utility blade. It took a shaving edge in a few minutes using a crock stick and razor strop. The Hudson's blade also has a nice, hammered finish that its adds to its period appeal.

2016-03-31%2008.30.07_zpssbccsxyo.jpg

The handle however is all but useless for heavy work. Its scales are ridiculously thin and slick for the size and weight of the blade. A US Quarter overhangs the scales, viewed from the top.

2016-03-31%2008.31.15_zpsq2dqj48q.jpg

The sheath is quality leather and would be at home on a leather gun belt; but the loop is too small for anything but a pants belt.

2016-03-31%2008.31.58_zps4nkuczhs.jpg

This turned out to be rebuild project instead of a ready-to-go hard-use knife, proven over centuries. You had ONE JOB Condor and you screwed it up. Jim Bridger and Hugh Glass are rolling over in their graves.

Ck&T

I have that knife. Bought it a couple of years ago.
No complaints here. It was a good buy.
I looked at the BK9....a very nice knife but twice the price of the Condor and I already have three Kbars, and a Carttaraugus from WW2.
Fits on my gun belt though I rarely wear it that way.

Last edited:
I actually prefer carbon steel blades. Have to keep an eye on them,lubed I mean. I like the way they take an edge.

Same here Whiskey. I'll take a carbon steel blade every time.

Actually I love the knife. I may finish the handle in TruOil for a little grippper surface and try that awhile.

Back