The better duty weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirex288

I plan on joining my local PD next year. From what I can recall, there are several choices I can make. The ones that I can recall is the Beretta 8040 and the Glock 22. I'm not to highly familiar with these guns but from what I handled (not shooting), the Beretta felt comfortable in my hand. I don't have big hands. How are the recoils?
Dependability, shootability, all weather wise, which one is the better one? I know most of you have opinions on your "favorite" guns so don't be too biased. Shooting flesh and paper are two different things. Thanx.

If the 8040 felt better in your hands, then that is the one you should use. Both are of high quality and will serve you well.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Our S.O. just went to .40 S&W. During the weapon trials both training officers liked the Couger better than the Glock. But they went with the G22 since a lot of the deputies already had them.

Pick the one you like. They are both darn good pistols and you just can't go wrong...unless you get one that won't point naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back