The Best Congress Money Can Buy

bergie

A buddy just e-mailed this. Sorry if anyone has previously posted and I missed it, it is a couple months old.

THE BEST CONGRESS MONEY CAN BUY
Based on records prior to the summer break...

>9 members of Congress have been accused of spouse abuse.
>7 have been arrested for fraud.
>19 have been accused of writing bad checks.
>117 have bankrupted at least two businesses.
>3 have been arrested for assualt.
>71 have credit reports so bad they can't qualify for a credit card.
>14 have been arrested on drug-related charges.
>8 have been arrested for shoplifting.
>21 are current defendants in lawsuits.
>and in 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving, but were released after claiming Congressional immunity.

Remember, politicians and diapers have one thing in common, they both should be changed regularly - for the same reason.

Bergie

I don't see how driving while inebriated is related to one's Congressional duties.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

How else would you explain some of the stuff they propose? We need a new crime to accompany this one. "Legislating under the influence"

Gary,
When they have immunity from the laws of our land *because* they are legislators, I'd say it was "related".

I wonder if they can claim immunity if they kill someone.

Not only what kind of congress money can buy,but what kind of money congress can spend.Only got a brief earful but did you get a load of that new budget?????Biggest crooks I've ever seen,both sides of the party lines.Pork on top of pork.Boy did the Republicans lie to us.What to do.....What to do !!!!!!!!!

By spending on us, the money they confiscate from us, they buy our votes. So long as we buy into their methods, their system of screwing us will work.

Back