The 9x18 Makarov Triumvirate

Capybara

Was playing around with my phone and shot some images of my three 9x18 Makarov pistols. I think I will need a FEG PA63 eventually. What else do I need to round out this group?

02_zps497c5765.jpg

03_zpsdf0b6eb6.jpg

04_zps3513bcfb.jpg

05_zps3642269f.jpg

06_zpsbeabe9d1.jpg

07_zps4cf7846c.jpg

Well, what ever "Triumvirate" means, I've got one too!:D
My Mak is an East German though, not Russian.
Guess you could round your 9X18's out with a Bulgarian, and E. German.

Ha, ha! That is a Bulgarian guys. Triumvirate is a group of three. I would love to have one each of the E. German, a Russian Military model and a Chinese. Someday when I have enough ammo, all of the bills are paid off maybe.

Well, the definition of a Triumvirate is;

A triumvirate (from Latin, triumvirātus, from trēs three + vir man) is a political regime dominated by three powerful individuals

but if you're saying those guns rule, I agree! ;)

The give away for the Bulgarian is the circled 10 above the grips. People
change the grips all the time based on preference. I use an East German
grip on all my Maks. Never did like the thumbrest.

I prefer the Bakelite Red Star grips found on surplus Bulgarians, and Russians. One of my Bulgies came with a black thumbrest grip, and I quickly changed it for a Red Star grip. They look great, and are slim.

You need to get to the range

And give us a blowback by blowback comparison of the pistols in action and any respective accuracy differences.

These are such terrific little carry guns. I dont know why they arent more common. Definately get a PA-63. I love mine. You just have to change the springs or start exercising your trigger finger now to be able to pull the 15# ish trigger.

These are such terrific little carry guns. I dont know why they arent more common. Definately get a PA-63. I love mine. You just have to change the springs or start exercising your trigger finger now to be able to pull the 15# ish trigger.

I agree, awesome handguns and the ammo is inexpensive. Not super powerful but the most power you can get in a simple blowback design, ultra reliable too.

I have to say though, I have had a love hate relationship with my PA63. I've changed springs, grips etc to make it more enjoyable to shoot at the range but it never really happened as compared to shooting the Makarovs. The PA63 is a great little carry gun, light and thin with the right grips on.

Comparison to PPK

Old sneaky pete here, I also have Ur same triple. Cary the mak on a belt holster or the CZ in a vert. shoulder rig. Ur aware that the mak has been characterized as a Walter PPK with fewer parts. I believe 9 for the mak & 25? For the PPK

Back