The 32 Magnum J Frame is BACK!

Looks interesting.

I already have a small-frame Taurus .327 Federal Mag that shoots the .32 H&R Magnum, though, so I don't think I need another back-up revolver.

Nice to see Smith finally start doing a .32 revolver, but I expect there won't be many of them made before Smith pulls the plug on it.

This “Ultimate Carry” J-frame has quite a few improvements incorporated into it besides the re-introduction of .32 H&R Mag: trigger, both front and rear sights, titanium firing pin, grips, chamfered chambers, etc. So will these show up in the S&W lineup?

I have a surfeit of 32 snubbies and still prefer the plain old 32S&W Long over the higher power H&R and magnum cartridges simply for accuracy and control. The one that gets carried most often is an old Colt Pocket Positive with the 2½" barrel. Just like what J. Edgar carried.

attachment.php

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,189
Big fan of the .32 in Long (S&W/Colt NP), .32 H&R and Fed .327 (not so much). And reload for all.
Hot 32 Longs and +P H&R 32 for my 327 revolver. 327's are just too punishing in a snub revolver.
Been experimenting +P 32 H&R in 327 brass. Pretty good results, since the 327 brass is more stout.
Love the 32's.

In my opinion, 327 mag is the best round for a revolver.

Will this new model be offered as a 6-shot J-frame finally?

I still think my SP101 327 will be better. It is slightly heavier to reduce recoil. There is a hammer spur to mess up with. Did I say I love the all around 3-inch barrel?

Back