• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Thanks

Erik

I'd like to thank those responsible for keeping TFL up and running, the admin, moderators, whoever... I have found, as have my friends, a place to come to share ideas, debate, and above all, to learn.

Thanks,
Erik Wallace

I second that, Erik. I have met a number of interesting people on this board -- some of whom I now communicate with on a regular basis. Not only do I enjoy my time here but I have learned a great deal as well. My hat goes off to all those that keep this site up and running smoothly.

Share what you know, learn what you don't -- FUD.
flm-ef.gif

P.S.: The handgun & pistol forum seems to bbe having problems again -- I went to prepare baby formula and when I came back nearly ten minutes later, my cursor was still spinning around. If I recall, the last time around the site was completely down, it started as a problem in the pistol forum.

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited March 10, 2000).]

You know after visiting some of the other so called pro firearms boards of late when TFL was down it makes me appreciate TFL, Rich and the staff all the more.
Some of the "discussion" that goes one on some of the other boards I sincerely believe actualy do damage to the RKBA.

Back