Thanks to Kodiac, err, George for his storry...

Correia

I read your story about your encounter with Mongo the wonder tongan while I was at work. I told all of my co-workers the story that day. Mostly they where interested because it happened only about an hour from here.

Well I didn't think anything of it until I told some of the same guys that I was planning on taking a class on concealed weapons to get my CCW next month. I was surprised when a few of them expressed interest in going with me, so they could get a permit as well. Georges story about the big tongan made some of them think about carrying.

These are not gun people by any means, both of them hunt but don't own any guns for protection. It was just the fact that bad stuff can happen, even here in peaceful Utah that made them think. I will have to let you guys know if anything comes of this.
Thanks.

What story? This sounds interesting. Could you please enlighten me?

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.

George,

Ditto, friend. Great article! Thanks for taking the time to educate us. The advice of going w/pepper spray AND firearms makes sense. I've mentioned this to guys I know who want to go to Alaska for fishing/vacations and they look at me like, "Firearms aren't allowed. What are you some gun nut?!"

A: Yes. I wouldn't go into bear country w/out protection any more than into a bad neighborhood. Although the bad neighborhood would probably be much more ddangerous. I don't shoot snakes. I don't shoot ANYTHING unless they try to kill me.

You said it better than anyone I know of. Even National Geographic. They should interveiw YOU for their next bear attack special.

Thanks George,
Robert EQUALIZERplus@netscape.net

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Your very welcome.
I am glad my lack of situation awarness can help others <looking for the silver lining>!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

George, your story certainly added to my understanding of pucker factor in relation to situational awareness. Admirable restraint.

------------------
Be mentally deliberate, but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle.
Wyatt Earp

Back