• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Thanks for your efforts

Thanks to all who worked throughout your the last week to bring TFL back to life. I missed it and I appreciate efforts.

Thank tyme. We'd almost lost it all.

Since we installed the new server we'd been having problems. The old server didn't have the capacity to do backups. We ordered additional drives for it. That took a while. Discovering that the Co-Lo crew in WA couldn't swap out the drives caused more delays.

The old server was one day away from being shipped to tyme for setup as a backup when the new one went down. The first guru to check it, threw up his hands, saying the drives were unreadable. tyme got hold of it and discovered a miniscule hardware problem. He swapped a card, removed a connetor, changed the op-system, stress tested under load, sprinkled some happy dust on it and shipped back to WA on Thursday.

He's also installed a backup 200GB drive just in case. The old server will now be shipped back to him as redundant backup and I'll be downloading weeklies to my own computer.

Truly sorry for the mess....this is hardly the kind of instability TFL's been known for.
Rich

Glad you guys got it worked out. I missed TFL while it was down!

Pass my thanks along to tyme, please.

pax

I'm just glad it's back up. There was much worry that none of the new posts would be recoverable.

Lord Blesseth the pessimists, for they hath made backups.

And all the people who worked to bring the system back to what passes for Normal around these parts.

Hoo-AH! (In the immortal words of R. Lee Ermy.

Geoff Timm
Who extends his sympathy to the sysadmin, for the customers never remember the 2000 up days, only the 1 down. :cool:

Back