Thanks for Mak advice!

PropellerHead

Thanks to everyone who gave their advice on the purchase of a Makarov.

At a show this weekend, I was able to do some trading, and picked up a very nice East German Mak! It definately looks like it has a lot more holster wear than shooting wear. The only thing that isn't 99% or better is the rear edge of the grip.

After browsing the makarov.com site, I think I'll be putting on a pair of the Makawrap grips anyway. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Again, thanks for your help!! :D

My cousin put these grips on his gun and likes them. I haven't shot his yet and can't comment on how they handle recoil.

I have the Pearce grips on my Mak. However, I have seen the Makawraps (Karl sent my cousin's grips to me by mistake; we have the same last name). They look like solid grips and have a little less bulge than the Pearce grips. Might be a little better for concealed carry, but the Pearce grips work just fine for me in that capacity.

New Mak

Congrats on the new purchase ;) I hope it serves you well and I'm sure you will like it :) I have the Pierce grips on mine aand it sure made a difference over the originals :)
Good luck and Happy Shooting :)

Back