Thank You Gale!

Well, I don't guess he'll see this before he gets back from SHOT, but the rest of you should have the benefit of our public thanks to Gale (Mac) McMillan. George Hill and I spent an extraordinary hour with Gale at his booth at SHOT Show. While the sons and Staff worked the crowd, we retired to a comfortable couch/armchair area with the Boss himself. This was an experience of a lifetime.

Mr. McMillan's experience and expertise in barrel and stock design and manufacture, optics, night vision, learning and life is almost beyond explanation. He is truly one of the giants among us and certainly one of the more engaging persons I've met in a very long time. We spent that hour chatting about sighting systems, barrel design and maintenance, night vision, TFL, freedom and life. I think I speak for George also when I say I was spellbound.

So, for you piss-n-vinegar types that have most of the answers, when Gale talks, you best listen. He has much to teach, as he's constantly learning. As most of you know, Gale had a real medical scare at the end of last year. He has since received positive news, but is not out of the woods yet....though I'm confident of the outcome. Regardless, it's that time again....TFL Monthly Dues!

We don't care if you believe in God, Allah, Buddah, Providence, Crystals or Pyramids. For the coming weeks we ask each of you to take a minute out each day and direct your thoughts to Gale. Send up a little thanks to him for the man he is and a little prayer for him for his continued health.

Thank Mac,
Rich Lucibella

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited January 18, 2000).]

Without a doubt I've learned from Gale. he is one of the people here that I hold in highest reguards. Without Gale and the knowledge he has shared with us we would be poorer.

We've been keeping him and his family in our paryers since his post about the ilness and will glady contune to do so.

Best wishes, Gale. I've being following all his old posts in rec.guns. A veritable treasure trove of knowledge, wisdom, and insight into life as well.

Shutoku

EM,
No problem! Asking is how you find out!

The easiest way to answer your question would be this:

When "They" wrote the book, they came to Gale to find out what to say."

Just for a beginning, check out his web page.
http://www.mcmfamily.com/

World famous in the industry. Enjoy. :)

------------------
Either you believe in the Second Amendment or you don't.
Stick it to 'em! RKBA!

Done, Rich.

For all I have received free of charge through your beneficence here on TFL, your wish is my command.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Dues? indeed, if thats what we want to call it... a 'daily thought and prayer' is the very least - to Mr McMillan slainthe mohr - good health and Godspeed!

Yes, Gale had the most comfy chair there at SHOT - glad I had a time to cool my heels while listening to the very best in Rifle Lore from the man who wrote the book on how to build one!
I have yet to go buy some Shooter's Choice
but will later today!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited January 22, 2000).]

George H,

Enlighten us dummies, what does Shooters Choice have to do with Gale McMillian?????

What other little pearls of wisdom did you learn from him, pass them on :D :D :D :D :D

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited January 21, 2000).]

It's always nice to hear from some one who's been there done that and got the t-shirt to prove it.

Best wishes Gale, I'll even get a few friends from Boulder to rub a crystal or two. ;)

Hope I get to meet you someday.

Dr.Rob

He he he...
Shooter's Choice?
You dont know?

Aw heck - nothing... Gale just uses it for his guns. If its good enough for him - its good enough for me too. Gale had some interesting things to say about methods of cleaning - and it just came up.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

I haven't been around enough to read much of Mr. McMillan's wisdom, but if he's impressed some of the best of TFL then he's got my respect. He'll be in our prayers. God's blessings to you and your family, sir.

------------------
Wound ballistics is the study of effects on the body produced by penetrating projectiles:
Wound Ballistics

Great daily commentary from a thoughtful Christian perspective:
Daily Commentary

Personally, I was a bit disappointed. I went to the shot show and never had the chance to talk to Mr. McMillan, the three times I went by his booth he was either swamped with people or absent. I did talk a while with his son (I think) but I didn't make mention of TFL because I had planned to go back and see him later. Unfortunately I got busy. When I was told they would be selling their stocks I had planned to buy their A3 stock for my M1A but it was sold. Guess I missed out all arround.

George you ignorant slut, what happened? I tell you where I am and you don't call you don't stop by, what happened?

Gale, good luck, good health, good times. Sorry I missed you.

Back