• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THANK YOU FOR HAVING NO ANIMATED ADS

Jody Hudson

I just want to thank everyone at TFL for NOT having the animated ads which junk up nearly all other discussion groups. The ads are a menace to my machine and many others.

I have virtually quit all other discussion groups as the animations slow my computer horribly, even crashing it sometimes.

I have a pretty good machine; 200 MMX running Win95 with 198 meg of RAM and usually use a cable modem. I know from other groups that there are some of us who have machines that just don't do well with animations and there seems to be no ryme or reason for it.

Ads are fine; the fine companies that help sponser TFL with ads and support of all kinds are certainly welcome. More are welcome. I just want to thank you for NOT having animated ads... and I hope you NEVER do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! :)

Originally posted by Jody Hudson:
...the fine companies that help sponser TFL with ads and support of all kinds are certainly welcome.

:confused:

What ads are you talking about?

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a banner ad of any kind on TFL.

oooooopppppppssssss

I am sooooooooooooooo sorry. I am down to just this and Glock Talk now and Glock does have some non animated ads. No TFL has not had ads since I got here. As long as they are NOT animated I have no problem with them myself. Sorry for my confusion though. It's not my first time in the land of confusion... I live here at least part-time. ;(

Jody

rotationbanner.gif
:D
Rich

Andy-
The banner is yours. Thanks.

As for the "No Ads Here":
It might make Staff (and Member) jobs a bit easier. OTOH, the Federal Criminal Code was only a couple inches just a few decades ago. Look at where it is today in our attempts to "legislate" common sense. We'd prefer to avoid the same path by using the motto "Think Twice; Post Once". :)
Rich

Back