Thank you all.

JayP228

Inactive
I've been a long time lurker here. I've always wanted (and known that I need) a gun for home defense, and possibly carry. With a great deal of research, a lot of it here, I recently bought a Sig P228 and could not be happier. The recent threads by ppcmaster which got locked got me thinking. I am a plinker. I'm just learning. I shoot low-left probably because of (a) flinch, (b) improper girp and (c) bad trigger position;

But I'm trying. I am always courteous of others at the range and safety is always frist in mind. Always know the condition of your gun, always check the condition of your gun and always check both -- twice.

So, thanks all of you who take the time to post and educate the guys like me. :)

I'd say that you're a new hobbyist shooter who is learning the joys, challenges, beauty, discipline, and some times frustration involved with the mystical flight of the bullet. Don't label yourself a "plinker" like is some plague on the shooting world.

Low left impact is common. It could be any number of things. I suggest getting some training. Practice all you can. Buy some snap caps and dry fire.

This video may help some http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4584332856867071363

Good luck

Maybe you're a plinker.

Maybe not.

Don't take one person's description as gospel. Re-read those threads. Ppcmaster has, shall we say, a unique take on the word. Most everyone who responded regarding the specific term "plinker" considered it quite differently than he did, and they were generally all consistent with each other in their definitions.

PS: Congrats on your new Sig. Only problem with it is this: any other brand you buy after this will seem inadequate in comparison. :) Flame suit on!

cpaspr - Thanks. I really do love my Sig. Just put another 200 rounds through it on the way home from work. I'm getting better in that I'm getting fewer and fewer strays outside the 8 and 9 ovals on my target, but I'm not to the point where I can pick a spot and hit that spot with confidence.

PS: Congrats on your new Sig. Only problem with it is this: any other brand you buy after this will seem inadequate in comparison. Flame suit on!
Any other brand except a Kimber. :) I own a Sig too.;)

Back