• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL'er base line

USP45usp

Okay.. many peoples (over 7 grand so far) are members of TFL. Many have "gun meets" or "meets" all over the area. Some we (others) can't get too due to area. Set up a "meet" forum.. this way, fellow TFL'ers can get in touch with others near thier area to have meets. This will be on a voluntary basis.. giving out area or State info. Host shoots, meetings, etc.. It will be allot of work but if enough people give information then maybe it will be worth it. A small format:

TFL'ers from Oregon: Notice, a meet is in progress. Email (so n so) to mark a good date or time to meet for Longshots Elk BBQ and get together. Come one, come all to meet your fellow TFL'ers, discuss politics and then shoot (if property or club allows). Email so n so to arrange the best time and date for this great event. Thanks to all.

Well hell, it's worth a try.

USP45usp

Yep. George needs the traffic to keep him awake ;)
As a further suggestion, when posting there (Lock n Load), put your full State name, such as Oregon, in the topic. Since most of these posts are going to be realtivly short, it will aid the search engine in finding your area. I believe Utah has the most posts concerning get togethers. Go over to LnL and use Utah as a seacrh item and you can see what I mean.

That's because there is nothing else to do in Utah but get together with friends and shoot up the desert...

------------------
Being a pessimist is great, I'm always right or pleasantly surprised.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Hill:
Or race around the desert with your hair on fire...

:D
[/quote]
LOL! "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown"
I AM THE GOD OF
HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU,,

He put on one heck of a show. Used to set his hair on fire and plung 25 feet onto the stage.

Back