• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL T-shirts?

Correia

Rich, would it be okay if a member here was to make T-shirts with the TFL logo? Just curious, I know that it doesn't cost much to make shirts, and I figure that a lot of us on this board would want them. Just an idea, but its your place, we just play here.

I'd been thinking the same thing. They would be great for meeting at gun shows etc..

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Didn't we try that about a year ago? How about adding our moniker on the back? I want to go as "Kodiac" so when I piss off...never mind.

I'm going to go visit a local t-shirt factory next week and do some info gathering. If the cost is feasible, and I can find the time then I think I might give it a shot.

If it looks workable then I will post next week on general discussion and see if there is sufficient interest to make it worth it, and what TFLers want them to look like.

Correia-
My standing offer is...you fly, we buy.

What that means is, if you'll do the leg work, shipping and bookkeeping, we'll front the bucks for an order. Think about it first...it's a lot of work.
Rich

Go for it.
I been meaning to do that for about a year now and never got around to it.
If you got the time and stuff - Sam's Club sells a lot of plain T-shirts and Sweat Shirts and stuff... can got good deals on that.

If ya need a hand let me know.

I'm going to take a little field trip up to Smithfield next week (thats where the factory my employer orders shirts from is). I'm kind of excited to give this a try.

Of course being the "sensitive" man that I am I asked my wife if she would mind me taking on another project in addition to working 30 hours a week, going to school full time, trying to get hired by various police departments, having a baby in June, and teaching Sunday school. Her response was that she thinks I'm nuts, but she knows how much TFL means to me, so I can go for it if it is economically worth my time.

And as an added incentive, she said that if I earn enough money of this endeavor, I can use it to go to Missouri for the big get together! :D Well we will see.

I'll report back next week.

the otherway to do this is to get tshirt transfer paper at a buck a sheet & color xerox the art onto the paper. Sell the papers & send out via mail. Recipient irons onto tshirt...

cheep! cheep!

dZ

Cheap is right... No thanks for that option!

Correia - You make it - and I will buy it, my friend... Maybe two... Let me know.

let me know how the plans fall together

i can create .eps art files for the effort that will print nicely...

the:
fl_forum_head.gif

art is a bit problematic for screened ink art

i did these over at ar15.com
someone else handled the logistics

shirt.jpg

here is the current thread on these shirts: http://forums.ar15.com/Forum16/HTML/004631.html

dZ

Looks like I'm going to go for it. Check the General Forum.

I'm going to see if there is enough interest.

Dz, thanks for the offer, the factory is going to charge me $36 to set the art up, so I'll check and see if an .eps file will work. I'm going to be limited to 3 colors, so I was actually thinking use the regular logo, only simplify the colors, so instead of shades of yellow, there is just yellow lettering.

Ball caps? Heck I don't know, I'm just doing this one thing at a time.

Spread the word if you want them, I'm going to need a bunch of initial orders to make this work.

Thanks for letting me try this Rich. I just kind of feel like I owe something for all of the time I've spent here sucking up gun knowledge. :)

Back