• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL staff running a tight ship

akira

I have to tip my hat to you good TFL staff members.

I am also a member at AR15.com and have found refuge here at a the moment. I have noticed a huge difference between the two site.

To keep it short and simple looks like it just more laid back here.

At AR15.com a closed thread is just bombared with threads of complaints and threats to leave.

thanks and keep up the good work.:)

akira-
TFL more "laid back" than AR15? That's one for the books! ;)

Welcome to The Firing Line. We originally set out to honor some simple Policies. As a result, after two years, our Members know what to expect and tend to support our style. Those who disagree with that style tend not to join up. AR15, every bit as valuable as TFL, took a different road. They attempted a bit more liberal approach.

Some AR15'rs resent the recent attempts to enforce the Policies of the board and the Staff job is now that much more difficult. Our money's on Ed, the Staff and, most of all, the Members.

Again...welcome to TFL. Just don't go telling our friends at AR15 that you think we're more "laid back"...at least, not without your Nomex full body condom on!
Rich

hehe:)

I've been a member at AR15.com for some years now.
I have grow a very thick skin and can careless what they say.

I feel that some member at AR15, can learn a good lesson for you good folks.

take care and thanks for your response

your trully

Akira

Back