TFL opening scene...

spleenandideal

.....okay, i've been stoppin' over at TFL for several months now, and I can't stand it anymore!*@?! Could someone explain the pic of the beautifully deserted outdoor scene with campsite that I see everytime i click TFL on my bookmark? Where is it? Who took it? What is the significance? It reminds me of "Red Dawn.", or an Argentinian Fly-fishing camp. I'm sure there is a great story behind the image, so please share. :) :) :) :)

Unless Zach is around and reads this thread, you'll have to wait til Rich gets back. They set the site up. Maybe Mykl knows?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

spleenandideal--been wonderin' the same thing myself! Looks like someplace I'd enjoy being...

I had been admiring the photo also. Before we get the answer, I'm going to take a wild stab at somewhere in the western Brooks Range in summer. Probably way off base, but it's the only place I know of with high mountains and lots of sand.

The same question was raised earlier and Rich (our fearless leader) replied that he believes it is the Himalayas, or something like that (in all the excitement of starting up TFL, he kinda forgot).

Zach is around reading threads :) It is a pic of a dessert in Arizona. (I think that is what he said...hmmm)

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited May 14, 1999).]

I'm back...much to all's chagrin.

I've tried to relocate that image...stolen from the Web under the search term "Base Camp". I've not been able to find it. I'm *certain* it was not a US site and am *pretty* certain it was the Himalayas or the Urals.

In any case, if I can stand still long enough to get with Zach and load the new homepage, it will disappear into TFL history. Download the image while you can!
Rich

Back