• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL Gun show feedback forum

3 gun

Given the number of deals and offers posted and made in the "Gun Show" forum, I think a feedback forum would be a good idea. We could let other members know about who was easy to deal with, FFLs that handled the transfers and the cost, and who we should watch out for when doing online sales. Make it much easier to search for the info that now gets posted into a couple of forums. Just an idea.

Sounds interesting. If it is decided against, a good tactic for a common seller/buyer would be to list several members with whom he/she has done business. Then a potential buyer/seller could PM those members and ask how smoothly everything went. It could be kind of like having the feedback section that each eBay member has.

I was thinking the same as PF, the eBay feeback system. The vBulletin software doesn't have a feature like that, but PF's suggestion comes as close to a solution as anything I can think of right now.

I like the idea. Perhaps a forum that could include kudos to members, as well as info about special issues in a region (I remember a recent thread re Cali sales).

In space, the stars are no nearer

While we're at it, perhaps this (new?) forum could include offers to trade services? We've seen a few recent offers to trade computer work, or automotive expertise, and other valuable commodities for firearms.

I think our members have a great opportunity for win/win situations, and I want to foster that. I think it can also help strengthen the local gunowning community, and heck- that's what TFL's all about.

From http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82330 :
I would suggest that this great billboard service, TFL, add a Forum for Buyer/Seller feedback. Of course, NO trashing or personal opinions could be allowed, JUST the facts:

"Sent money in January to XXXX, Did not receive product, Submitted grievance in April, Got money back in December, XXXX went to jail...

I also understand that it couldn't be set up quite the same as the rest, it would have to be more of a "enter username or e-mail address you wish to search on/ check here if you wish to add comment"

It would help us help each other.

Just a thought.

It seems to me that the number of feedback threads has been on the raise. Would now be a good time to think about adding a feedback forum again? I’d like to thank everyone I've dealt with from the board. Their goods and service has been A+ every time.

Back