• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL back online!

I kept myself from Jonesing by hitting THR...

Great site, just felt like a fish out of the water over there....nothing wrong with the members or staff there. Just.....weird.....

....like taking my cat and stroking its fur from the tail to the head...

Thought my PC was on the fritz

until I signed up for GlockTalk. Maybe I should change my name to LuvsaGlock- I traded my Smith for a G23 last week.

It seems as if the site was down about a week ago. Are these all scheduled maintenances?
No, they aren't scheduled. :(

The old server that was running the web frontend was retired on wednesday, and it's a good thing it was because the power supply fan is going bad.

The cause of the crash/reboot yesterday is currently unknown. The server apparently didn't come back up after reboot because there were filesystem glitches due to the crash/whatever-it-was. I didn't actually get to see what was going on before one of the colo people got it running again. For all I know someone tripped a breaker or accidentally knocked the power cable out. Or it could have been a panic caused by just about anything.

It was weird, actually. When I was home, it worked. By the time I got to my cousins house, I thought it was the connection or something.

I was getting worried.

One of my friends kept saying the ATF shut the site down and it was all over, they were coming for the staff and senior members. And people say I'm paranoid, I just wanted to know the answer to two of the questions I had asked. I guess it is because he is a new gun owner who can't believe you can buy a firearm FTF.

More tech info:

The disk/raid driver was getting stuck, and the kernel wasn't rebooting from the subsequent soft lockup like it was supposed to.

After last weekend's fiasco we had a new linux kernel ready, so we're on 2.6.28 now.

I've also converted 2 of the 3 filesystems that were xfs over to ext3 (the database/web/root directories have always been ext3, but a few non-critical directories were xfs to speed things up). There's a recent xfs bug report I'm worried might have been the cause of these lockups.

Back