• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

TFL and SWAT ? SWAT gonna move?

Tfl Moving?

I am not a programmer and am barely computor literate. I wonder how big a server and equiptment it takes to host this site? Seems some of us Kalifornia silicon valley boys could do it readily. Any takers want to talk seriously who have the ability/equiptment, lets talk funding and staffing! gordonhulme@aol.com:)

Our dedicated server pretty much has all the horsepower we need. If you seldom saw slow downs with TFL active, what would make you think it becomes a problem now?

As to S.W.A.T., Distribution is up 4x in 17 months. Advertising has tripled.....now you know why I'm stressed and short of time. ;) S.W.A.T.'s going nowhere but up. However, in fairness to Members and Staff, I'm not about to close all your forums and leave mine up. It goes archive with the rest.
Rich

Rich,
Glad to see S.W.A.T. found a new home @

www.tacticalforums.com

I enjoyed scanning the forum here even though I never posted to it. It was refreshing to see how well you and the S.W.A.T. staff handled each and every little problem with such a professional approach. That type of hands on approach to detail is sadly lacking in today's business atmosphere.
Here's to all the best in your venture.

Back