Texas Brigade Armory

CUT

Inactive
Has anyone had experience with rifles from TBA? Any info on accuracy and workmanship would be helpful.

I know quite a bit about them. I have owned a TBA rifle for years and it shoots well.

This week, I was at a "long range" rifle class (pc term :)) and shot a one inch group at 400 yards, and was hitting an 8 inch rock at 1000 yards(with about 12 witnesses) . It's not the first time or last time that its been done. I give a lot of credit to the rifle. It is a robust rifle, not fussy like some match rifles I've owned, and it maintains it's accuracy for a long time. The price, compared to the other really good rifles out there, is a bargain, IMHO. I've had many, many others claim great accuracy from other rifles, but curiously, they couldn't duplicate at the range if front of yours truly.

I can recommend one without reservations.

[This message has been edited by David Wright (edited April 25, 1999).]

I've heard nothing but good things about Mike Lau's work. His TBA's have a good reputation. A few months ago I was thinking of placing my order for a TBA M40A1 but decided to go ahead with placing my order for a Chandler sniper from Iron Brigade. I personally feel you can't go wrong with either as both of them are considered some of the best rifles of their kind. I think the current wait for a TBA is 1 year, my Chandler will take about 18 months.
-R

I know Mike Lau and Norm Chandler. The Lau rifle is a little less expensive. (Sorry Norm!) They both make awesome rifles. If you want to economize a little, and don't need an engraved rifle, well.......

Back