Tetra users..

HKUSP45C

Hi
Is Tetra Lube suppose to have this "beading" appearance on surfaces. I notice that on my guns when I tried it Tetra Lube for the first time. Rather than having a dried film appearance like CLP, it beads like how water would on a waxed car. This does not happen the minute I apply it on, but does so after a few days after its been sitting.
Is this normal? Also, isn't it suppose to stink? It smells oderless to me. Someone on also posted that Tetra lube is very "runny", but the one I have seems rather thicker. (not real thick but just more than CLP) Did I get the real stuff or did I get jipped?
Thanks

Tetra does the exact same thing for me, it beads. Still seems to give good lubrication though, even long term. The tetra I have is a little thicker than that CLP, and is almost odorless. Sounds like the real stuff to me.

I noticed that after I had been using Tetra for a while, it began to bead up as well. I figured it had "saturated" the metal parts and I began to use less. Haven't noticed any extra wear on moving parts. I have noticed that barrels clean up faster after they have been treated with Tetra.

As for smell - well, I grew up on a farm. Smell is a relative thing to me.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

I third the motion. Tetra does seem to "bead up". I've heard some pretty obnoxious descriptions of the smell, but it seems almost odorless to me. But then, I spent some time around the chemical plants and refineries in Texas City, Pasadena, and Deer Park in the '80s, so like Strayhorn says, smell is a relative term.

Kurt

Perfectly normal

I use Tetra Lubricant on all my firearms and have seen the same thing. Just try to adjust the amount you apply and that should reduce or eliminate the bleeding.

After shooting thousands of rounds through pistols and AR15's using Tetra I'm fully convinced this is some really good stuff.

Shoot well.

CMOS

Tetra has 3 lubricating products, a grease, an oil and a spray lube. I like the spray better than CLP, it's thinner and gets into the little cracks and crevices, but takes very little. I give the interior of my handguns a light spray, use the oil on pins and the inside of barrels, and extractors and the grease on the exterior (most wipped back off) and on high-load areas (frame rails and sears). I'm impressed with the product, really works well. The bore treatment even seems to work, a couple of dry rags is good for basic cleanup and fouling wipes off easily. I've never noticed the beading, or smell.

Bri

Bri,
What did you mean when you said that you use the oil on the pins? What and where are the pins? Do you mean the firing pin?

For everyone,
What do you use to clean the bore of your ARs? Is that MP7 good for it or should I stick with CLP?

TETRA

I've been using the Tetra lube and Tetra grease for some time now. Yes, it does bead up. Yes, it does work really well. Yes, it does smell. Yes, it makes bore cleaning MUCH easier. I use the lube on slide rails, interior surfaces, and bore - the grease works EXTREMELY well on the trigger assemblies. Good Luck, you can't go wrong with Tetra products.

AL

Back