Tetra Lube users..question

HKUSP45C

Hi,
For you Tetra users, how do you get that oil into those tight places and actions? Its kind of thick. Will it seep into the working parts? Also, what is the proper way to use it? Do you just put a few drops where ever you need it and just leave it? Or you wipe dry after? And, how much of that stuff do you use? I tend to over oil a lot because I keep sayint to myself, nope not enough, nope.. . Sorry for sounding stupid but cleaning and lube is not my strongest subject.
HK

I use Tetra in one of those little plastic oil bottles with the needle spout that you can get from Brownell's. Puts the oil right where you want it -- even in tight spots.

One of the most common mistakes is to over-oil your firearm. Just a few drops in the proper spots (see your manual) ought to do it. Too much only attracts dirt and debris, not to mention the mess it can make of holsters and clothes.

HK, yes the Tetra is a bit viscous but it's good stuff. Old Reb has a good suggestion with the bottle & needle. That's about the best you can do without overlubing.

The Tetra lubricant does not need much to be effective. Just a slight amount, enough to dampen the area, will suffice. For example, to lube the frame guide slots on the inside of the slide I wet a Q-tip good with Tetra lube, shove that Q-tip into the slot and drag it the entire length of the slot. Of course there will be lots of excess oozing out of the slots, from compressing the soaked Q-tip, but that is corrected by coming in again with a dry Q-tip and lightly dragging it across the slide slots. This will clean up the excess on the outside of the slots themsleves and reduce the amount **IN** the slots, as to aviod excess.

I lube the safety/decocker mechanism the same way basically - apply a drop on the detent then mop up the excess with a Q-tip.

Shoot well, clean well and be safe.

CMOS

That bottle with a needle spout is a good idea. I tried looking for in at Bronells but could not find it. What is the brand of it?

I use the grease on slide rails, ect. I use the Tetra Oil to treat barrels and I use the Tetra Spray Lubricant/Cleaner to clean bores and lube actions.

I tried the SLC spray but I find it a bit too on the light side. I really like the oil. Its thick enough to lube well but just a pain to get into tight places. I think that needle bottle is a great idea.
Is the surface suppose to be dry? Or do you just leave the lube on for it to work? The bottle said to apply, and them wipe dry. Does it really work that way? I am kind of paranoid with a dry pistol. If I can see the lube, its hard for me to beleive the lube is working.
ST

Brownell's Needle Oiler Bottles
Leakproof, Solvent & Stain Resistant;
Controlled, Metered Flow
Stock No. 084-038-203

Back