• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Testing range?

Redleg

I belong to another website that uses the UBB format for it's messege board. http://www.f150online.com It has a testing thread members can use to perfect their signatures or just practice HTML and UBB codes. I think this type of area would be beneficial to this site. That way, I wouldn't have to post a messege to see how my sig looks. Just a thought! :)

------------------
Matthew J. Giegler
US Army
Fort Irwin, California

Hi Redleg! Welcome to The Firing Line. :)

We've had *lots* of test threads in here, and this is where they belong. You just made the thread that you described in your post.

Feel free to continue to post to this thread if your sig needs any fine tuning.

-Dave

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBluesMan:
We've had *lots* of test threads in here...[/quote]

And some times they can become quite....ummmm...interesting. :D

I hope I didn't open a can of worms or anything. ;)

------------------
Matthew J. Giegler
US Army
Fort Irwin, California

Redleg, not a can of worms, but perhaps a barrel of monkeys....some bald. :D

Go to the search feature and type in the word "test" and click subject line only.
Read the threads and you will see what we are referring to. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Don't do it. He's pulling your leg, Red.

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited November 02, 2000).]

I'm so excited to see Sensop, I have missed you, don't stay away so long.

Redleg, HINT Look at my e-mail address. :D :D

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

This is the funniest d@mn thing I've seen in a while!
smileyshot2.gif

------------------
Matthew J. Giegler
US Army
Fort Irwin, California

"GUN CONTROL MEANS USING BOTH HANDS!"
www.geocities.com/onemilmhz

[This message has been edited by Redleg (edited November 02, 2000).]

Redleg, for even more Suggestions, Questions & Feedback humor do a search using the word mannequin. I know it sounds strange but you'll just have to trust me on this. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

You guys are nutz!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I could tell from the first moment her pupiless manneqin eyes met mine, as I gleefully, removed her from the box she desired me. As I gently.....yes, even lovingly "clicked" her lilth manneqin torso to her slim, sensuious manneqin legs she was breathless with antipation with all that our future held in store for us. (She does everything bleathlessly.) As I attached her long slender mannequin arms she stood unashamedly........nay, PROUDY in her mannequin nakedness from the top her paper haired mannequin head to her delicate mannequin feet. She will soon be graced in a glory known only to the enlightened, the informed. RKBA, head to small mannequin foot. Clad in a NRA cap and GOA "T" shirt, bound for gun shows. Gertie, the RKBA manneqin, champion of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms![/quote]
Let me just go on record as saying a "pukin' smilie" would rock! This site is awesome!

------------------
Matthew J. Giegler
US Army
Fort Irwin, California

"GUN CONTROL MEANS USING BOTH HANDS!"
www.geocities.com/onemilmhz

Sensop, speak for yourself, you and Slinger might be sick welllll........ you are but I'm not, I'm just the peace keeper for this forum trying to keep you all in line, now I have one more to contend with. Welcome Redleg.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

sensop, who you calling sick? I'm not sick, the nurse who keeps coming around with the little blue pills is just a preventative measure. :D
Eric

Back