Testing guns at an LGS

CedarGrove357

Not sure how to ask this and what kind of pandora's box I will open with the question, but I'd rather open it here than with some not so nice people standing in front of me. I am in search of some guidance, please.

I recently purchased a collection of handguns, one of which I would like for customers to be able to shoot as a test behind my shop. I do believe people should be able to handle an example of what it is they are looking at purchasing.

What I am interested in is how to handle these particular firearms in relation to the AD book. Do I dispose of them to the shop since they wont be "for sale" in the immediate term, but with the intent that they will be sold as "used arms" down the road? Or do I leave them acquired in the book and dispose of them when actually sold to someone else? I wouldn't consider them "rentals" however if that is a clearer method to categorize them, how best could I document that method?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Record as an acquisition now. You don't record a disposition until they leave your inventory via 4473 or are transferred to another licensee.

I figured that was the case since they are in my possession the entire time, however since they would become used, I didn't know if there would be some discrepancy.

Thanks for answering, just needed verification.

Did you buy the collection personally, or for the business?

If you bought them personally but they are on the business premises, how would you explain them to the BATFE inspector if they aren't in your bound book?

I figured that was the case since they are in my possession the entire time, however since they would become used, I didn't know if there would be some discrepancy.
The A&D book has no spaces for new or used.
All they are interested in is actual transfers.

Back