• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Testing a photo link. Bear with me, please...

I tried this a couple weeks ago, and it crashed and burned. Let's see how high the flames are this time. (G!)

kframe_19

Well, the flames aren't TOO high. It works, sort of...

You have to right click on where the photoimage is supposed to be, and then click "view image."

You'll see a picture of my favorite Ruger...

DAMMIT! How did you do that???

I've been cracking my skull on my desktop trying to get it to link properly! What did I do wrong?

You were one click away! :) Go to the bad link and right click it select "view picture". It takes you to a webpage with your photo. Right click AGAIN select "view picture" you are now looking at the picture only (has jpg extension). Copy and paste url. >http://ic.yimg.com/c/3d508886/h/e416110e/rugerpix.jpg<

I like your dog. If I had a dog I'd name him ruger too. :)

Shok

Shok,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been going nuts trying to figure this out!

As for Ruger, she's a girl.

She named herself. She was "arrested" at about 6 months of age when her owners were caught with a gun in Washington DC.

I was along for the ride with my friend, a cop. As the only civilian, I was asked to hold the dog. When I went over to the car, she was lying on the back seat with the muzzle of a gun pointing out from between her paws.

Yep, it was a Ruger Blackhawk revolver.

I knew at that moment I had to try to adopt her. :)

Best, most intelligent dog I've ever had.

Guys, I get nothing in Shok's or by right clicking the icon and clicking on "show picture". Dadgum dog nappers.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Why George if I didn't know better I would think you didn't trust us down here in S,Q & C. :D

Mike and Shok, in the words of Sergeant Schultz, "I see nothing."

------------------
Gunslinger TFL Imperial Potentate

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Why, George! If I wasn't having a good day (because I found a pukin' smiley in the smilies legend!) I'd be hurt!

Heh, heh.
barf.gif
barf.gif
I am happy! Thanks! All comes to he who waits. :D

The pictures ain't workin'. Either that or my electronicly challanged brain can't figure it out.

Who cares? Its a test thread! Anything goes! :eek:

------------------
TFL's official "Curmudgeon Member" and damned proud of it!
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Shok,
I'm getting the same problem reported above. I think you may have a problem here.
:confused:

Hey Sensop, neat new bunch of Smilies in the Legend. :D

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

"....testing a photo link. Bear with me, please..."

I don't see a bear. Thought it was suppose to be a picture of a dog. Besides why would anyone want to have a shot snapped with a Ursa Major? Way too dangerous... :eek:

have tape, will travel...

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Ohh. "bear". b.e.a.r. Thank goodness.

At first I thought you said "bare" and was afraid Gunslinger was wearing that danged hat again.

Whew! ;)

I wanna see the bear, where's the bear??? :confused: :confused:
What's this stuff about dogs ands guns and cops? I wanna see the bear!!
bergie

Back