test and what knife do you carry

memnoch

ok new name worked

i dont have a gun yet(one meor year till permit time) so i rely on edged weapons and unarmed selfdefence for protection. currently im carrying a BM 970sbt, a cold steel el hombre and a bm 830s.

what knives do you all have? anyone want to trade a bm875 for a 970sbt?

I bought one of the first Mel Pardue BM3500s at SHOT Show in Jan. 1997. I love it, but consider the knife a definite backup to the firearm.

The 3500 replaced a AFO that I had given to a buddy upon his completion of Hell Week.
Since then I've also acquired a thinner-than-the-AFO but full length tanto point combo blade BM auto, but I don't know its name or model#.

I have an extensive collection of custom knives made by Chuck Staple, one of which I recently used on a hunt.

I bought a cheap-0 import BM auto spike copy which seems like it will hold up well.
I've got a few non-auto folders laying around and I've taken to keeping a CRKT K.I.S.S. knife handy.

Seeing as you are a "knife-guy," please contribute to the "shoulder holster" thread in the gear forum.

btw-what was your old name?

------------------
-Essayons

first post on this forum ever. that is why its new.

i like the holster but it could give a leo a reason to bust your stones.
remember- gun permit, not knife permit.

Swiss Army Champ. Worked on my Land Rover, my door locks and my guns with it. Carried it to Europe thrice and to China once. Even gutted a deer with it (was neither easy nor optimal).

I almost always have either my CRKT Mirage or BM Stryker clipped inside my rt front pocket, with a leatherman and/or Tekna knife in my bag/briefcase. I also sometimes substitute a Gerber or little Boker. I have a fixed blade Ka-bar for field work, and a little Swiss Army or Syderco on the key chain. Knives are like guns, can't have too many. Stay sharp, M2

Just bought my first "carry" knife - a Spyderco Delica. And I thought buying guns was addictive!! What is it with us gun/knife "nuts" and our need to buy, buy, buy? My wife was annoyed enough with my gun collection and now I'm starting to buy knives. Anyone got a spare room they want to rent out?

Knives are a lot of fun to collect.
I got carried away with it there for a long time now... Now I make them! :)

There are a lot of great knives out there.
Spydercos are the best, in my opinion... followed by Benchmade.
I have had a lot of both... and one of each is all that I still have.
CRKT Kiss knives are pretty slick, interesting design. I owned both for awhile. I liked the stiff versions sheath. The carry system is very important in a fixed blade - and that one will cover about any mode you could think of. I would like to see the KISS Folder made with a little longer blade. The thing is too stubby.
My wife used my kiss folder to cut some carpet with... about 3 feet of scrap. Dulled the knife to death and I had my work cut out for me getting a new edge on that thing!
The thing about knives and guns... You will probably use your knives a lot more often, unless your a leathal weapon type guy and have hollywood situations all the time.
My first true one hander Tactical knife...
SOG SOGWINDER... no clip or sheath, it was a true pocket knife. Just a small thumb stud. Had it for 4 years. Used it all the time. Great knife. Solid as a rock. Gave it up to a friend who coveted it... then got me a Spyderco Endura with the metal grips.
Been into knives ever since.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

A swiss army knife and one of several Spyderco's- I've got a couple of the standard ones like the Delica, two Wayne Goddards, and a new Viele. I don't consider these as backups to my carry guns, I just like nice knives.

Butterfly,4inch blade. Carry in back pocket, I can get to it with workgloves on. Handiest tool of that kind for ranch work,ect.

Leatherman Micra at all times. Gerber Multi-Plier when wearing a belt. Nothing for self-defense, just handy to have.

Andy

Benchmade Boguszewski -- sort of a spike blade, in rear pocket, Spyderco Delica, in sock, Leatherman, on belt, and Leatherman Micro, with keys. Thisis my normal daily carry as far as knives, also two guns. George

Either a Microtech SOCOM M/A or a Chris Reeve small Sebenza (sometimes both) and a Leatherman Micra.

------------------
Kelly

Deo Vindice

Spyderco Endura (unserrated) clipped in the upper part of my Carhart bibs while at work.
A stainless Spyderco Police or Endura in my pocket or carried "Mexican" while wearing jeans.
A stainless Spyderco Harpy when wearing slacks.
A Spyderco Pro-Grip as a hunting knife.
Tony

A true Spyderco fan...
Very wise. The Harpy is a fun little knife.
But I only had it for a few months. Not much utility in that blade... but it sure was wicked.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

Lately my daily carry has been a AFCK.
I also like to carry a gerber Covert, and look VERY forward to a EDI Genesis!

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

I carry the Crawford Kasper Fighing Folder, AFCK 800SL, Leatherman Micra and Spyderco Cricket. When my order arrives, I'll swap the Cricket for a Victorinox SwissTool.

Axel

Back