Tequila's Gun

Model12Win

Anyone ever see Hard Boiled?

Tequila (Chow Yun Fat) plays a cop in it and uses a Ruger GP100 with 4" barrel, blued, with the old Lett wood insert grips. Extremely cool. This is one of the very best action movies I have ever seen.

51_D9_RP5179_L.jpg

600px-_HBGP100-3.jpg

Hard-_Boiled-006.jpg

Makes me want the exact model! The GP100 hasn't got near as much screen time as the Colts or S&Ws, but it shines in this movie.

I recently sold my 6" stainless GP, just too big and a little too muzzle heavy, but I really loved that gun and man was it ever smooth after the thousands of rounds and dry fire sessions I had with it. Might well have to get another one of these!

Anyone else shoot a GP100? I think I might be like Tequila and pick one up soon!!

"...after the thousands of rounds and dry fire sessions..." That wear, not a trigger job.
What you see in movies is not real. Don't think that's a GP either. Grip isn't right. Hard to tell from the picture, but that wood in the lower one isn't a GP grip.
Had mine since they first came to Canada 35 + years ago.

"...after the thousands of rounds and dry fire sessions..." That wear, not a trigger job.
What you see in movies is not real. Don't think that's a GP either. Grip isn't right. Hard to tell from the picture, but that wood in the lower one isn't a GP grip.
Had mine since they first came to Canada 35 + years ago.
What? That is most definitely a GP100 with factory Lett wood insert grips.

"What you see in movies is not real", I don't recall saying that it was. Just pointing out the use of a fine Ruger revolver in a well known movie, as the GP100 is a rare gun in film. Just thought I'd mention it, you know, for fun.

Also, what do you mean by "that wear, not a trigger job"?

I have only seen one blue GP in person and it was a 6" barrel. Now if it was a 4" it would of come home with me, good luck on your next purchase.

Screenshot_2016-12-24-19-34-13_zpse68u1d6x.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Love mine, target was at 25ft, DA shooting reload drills

Great 357. This GP is a 170 prefix with a 019xx serial #

Back