Tennessee Bar Carry Effective Date

HotMetal

Okay, I have read that the Tennessee Senate voted to override the Gov.'s veto of concealed carry in establishments that sell alcohol, as long as the carrier is not drinking. However, I have seen numerous effective dates including immediately, June 17th, July 1st and July 14th. I have searched the NRA website, concealedcarry.com, Tennessee newspapers, etc. Does anyone have any better handle on the effective date?

Hold on....

This law will go into effect upon being assigned a public chapter number by the Tennessee Secretary of State.

You may want to double check when it takes effect... read the last sentence.

leadcounsel said:
Hold on....

No need to. Mere Housekeeping. The veto was overridden June 4th and the Legislature has adjourned. It is law now. Also, the NRA was not really correct either as the law amended an already existing law. The amendment states that the effective date is immediate upon passage.

Thank goodness. If a CCW permit holder can't be trusted not to imbibe in a restaurant or bar, then they can't be trusted not to leave their house drunk either. Which, of course, would be ridiculous.

Folks, thank you very kindly for the information. I am looking forward to some R&R in the great state of Tennessee!

Back