Temper control.

Shawn3879

I am sure this type of story has been discussed a hundred times but, I wanted to share this. Everyone please think, think, think!

Yesterday, here in Oklahoma, two guys got into a "pissing" contest, in their cars, on the turnpike between Lawton, Oklahoma and Oklahoma City. Well, the drive is about an hour. Who knows where the "highway disagreement" began but from what I gathered they were doing the usual, giving the "finger", throwing trash out the window at each other, yelling, etc. Two cars, car 1 had one guy in it, car 2 had a group of guys. No these were not your usual BGs, none of them have any kind of record, they are 30-something years old, guys with jobs, families, etc.

Well upon arriving in OKC, one car began to follow the other. So the first driver pulls into a "quick mart". Jumps out of his car and starts yelling at the second driver. Well, the second driver, rather than staying in his car and better yet driving off. He gets out with his pistol and shoots the guy. Died, 1 shot, in the parking lot. Terrible tragedy! Just like that in under 2 seconds, his life (shooter) is almost as over as the man he shot. Murder I. . .he gets life. . .or lethal injection! Over what, getting cut off on the highway, following to close, or maybe the unthinkable. . .not getting out of the way quick enough!

Guys it isn't worth it. Don't loose your temper over the little things. :mad: :cool: Be cool and use your head. Thanks for letting me vent on this.

Something, I've noticed since getting my ccw. I'm much more mild mannered than I used to be.

What's that saying? An armed society is a polite society.

This situation was just plain stupid.

degradation to the "ID"

Though I do not put much stock into Freud and his theories, I think his ideas about the id, ego, and super-ego does make a bit of sense, though my professor and another came up with a much more complete model. A quick recap of a semester of class for everyone, the id is the basic fundamental aspect of our "human-ness". It is the part that screams "I want what I want, and I don't care how I get it, as long as I get it. I will use any means necessary, and I do not care about the consequences, nor do I take the blame or any responsibility." The id acts on emotion and seeks personal, immediate gratification. (starting to sound familiar?) And now society has moved from a socially integrated (in the mild sense) society to one of individuality. This story, and the millions of others like it, are a direct result of people having no level of socialization (by that I mean the ability to function in society as a whole and having developed the social skills that allow us to engage in social activity.) Ok, I've decided that it's way too late to try and make a more coherent argument. Aren't you glad we can buy all these things that allow us to interact with others without interacting with them? That way we don't have to develop those lousy, useless social skills:rolleyes:

jcoiii is correct; we, as a whole, have failed to develop proper socialization skills. The old line about "an armed society is a polite society" is corect.

People today fail to realize that they are responsible for their individual actions and think that anything they do is alright. And, if it's not alright, it must be becasue they had a lousey childhood, used the wrong drugs, or nobody loves them. If everyone realized that the next guy might be carrying a firearm, they might be a bit more judicious in how they acted/reacted to others.

Thanks to the govt interference in our lives, parents can no longer "whip" their children, teachers are afraid to discipline them properly due to potential lawsuits, and the courts let offenders off with little more than a slap on the wrist. It's no wonder that people try to take no responsibilty for their actions.

We have slowly turned from a nation where others respected the rights of others to a milder form of the society that Mad Max lived in; do what you want when you want to whomever you want; nobody will care.

Until we regain the ability to tell the govt to stay out of our lives, tell punks and lawbreakers that yes they are responsible and somebody does care and they will be punished, and we get judges that will properly punish these people, our country will continue on its' downhill slide.

America used to be a great country....

CCW Affects Your Mindset

Carrying a handgun for defense with a CCW license has a profound impact on your state of mind. Over the years, I have seen it take on one of two forms, either:

(a) license-holder develops a "Superman" complex, feeling that he/she/it is invulnerable and a "bad-@$$" b/c of the big shiny metal tool tucked away in the waistband, or...

(b) license-holder becomes a more sedate, calm, and rational person, who realizing that he/she/it has the means of ending another being's life, behaves in a more restrained manner.
Fortunately for those of us who fit the (b) mould, the (a) folks are a very small minority.

Back