Tell me about the Remington 700 XHR.

rdjordan

Do any of you have any experience with the XHR series? Why was it discontinued? I have ran across a NIB XHR 300 Ultra Mag for $650.

I want a gun for the 600-1000yd range and possible shoot F-Class competitions. Is this a good gun for that or should I look at other options?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Its a great hunting rifle, I guess XHR xetreme hunting rifle gives that away. But as far as I know they are still made, they are still on the site and they are still all through stores. They are very accurate for the price of the gun, not quite like the XCR but they are a mighty fine gun

Yes, it does have a triangle barrel but no muzzle break like the VTR does. Honestly I dont know if there is a difference between the XHR and the XCR besides the barrel. They feel the same but Im not sure. Same goes for the VS and the VLS as well as the Sendoro model they make. Anyone want to explain the difference, im a classic guy with SPS or ADL and the BDL, CDL, Mountain Rifle models. These new ones confuse me they all look the same but the costs are way different and the website doesnt really explain what all the difference is.

I know the stock is just that junky one that Remington puts on the SPS Varmint model, so I know I would have to get a new stock for it. I am just concerned with the barrel because the action is surely the same as the rest of the 700s.

The stocks arnt all that bad on them, they are easily floated for the gun and then they are very accurate, had mine done and it does make a difference, saved alot of money and still got the accuracy

Back