Tell me about the Redfield Revolution Scopes

Any reviews?

I'm hearing good things. Let's see - made in USA by Leupold, Lifetime Warranty - some say basically the same scope as Leupold "Rifleman" line (true?).

The overall build is pretty "economized" (not a 1-piece tube, very basic/chintzy components), and the reticle adjustments knobs are quite loosey-goosey - but the glass quality looks GOOD to me. And the eye relief is impressive. And I definitely like the "circle-X" style reticle.

Seems like a good value, but best thing since sliced bread, as some are saying, in terms of value?

I have put a LOT of them on customers rifles in the last 3 years and as of today I have not seen a single complaint.

Mine works just as expected. Only issue I had with it was the bonehead that put it on the first time was in a hurry and failed to tighten it completely... :rolleyes:

I've got one, 3-9x50, simple,clear, robust, and nice fine reticle, I seem to love wasting ammo sighting in rifles so I have cycled my redfield between a .223 ruger mkII then onto an old Parker hale 30-06 then onto a howa varmint .243, now resides on my savage 17hmr. Scope performed flawlessly between all rifles handled the recoil from sir bucks a lot (30-06) a perfect hunting scope I've found will be buying another to put back on the.243 only probably move up yo a 12x mag.

From the guns that I have picked up at the LGS and looked through, seem like a nice scope.
I guess I liked them well enough that I just bought a Redfield Revenge 4-12x42 with the Accu Range Varmint reticle.

Have it mounted on my Stevens 200 in 7mm-08. (just mounted it last night, along with reloaded some rounds to sight in with).

Will give review on it's performance either this afternoon, or tomorrow.

Std7mag

3 X 9 wash out

Mine whites out when sighting into the morning sun, hopping the Leapold screw on shades might work out. After the sun is up higher it's nice and clear.

I've got the 3-9x52 Revenge on a 788 .308 and have zero complaints about it. I ended up buying another one to put on my 700 .270win.

They are a darn good scope with a lot of features I like. I bought 2 right after they came out. They are USA made by Leupold and when originally introduced were basically somewhere in between a Leupold VX-1 and VX-2 in quality and features. But with a price tag slightly less than VX-1. At that time a great value.

Leupold has since upgraded the VX-1 and VX-2 scopes while keeping prices the same. The Redfield has gone up in price with no upgrades in quality. While the Redfield is still an excellent scope, a current production VX-1 is a better scope at about the same price. A little better value in my opinion.

In the same price range, slightly less actually, I'd also look at Burris FF-II.

OK, so I shot using this scope - the thing absolutely tracks correctly. 1/4 MOA *means* 1/4 MOA exactly... that's the #1 thing I ask from a scope, generally: Tracking correctly and consistently / holding zero (with optical quality being a close 2nd). So, big thumbs up so far.

Back