Tell me about Speer bullets?

ReloadKy

Are they any good? I found some at a LGS for $16 for a box of 50. 7mm 175 gr grand slam. I have never shot any Speer bullets and I am really ignorant as to their quality. My primary purpose would be loading in 7 mag to hunt deer and possibly in the future elk. I do not currently have any 175 gr bullets to reload for the 7 mag so I thought about getting them but did not because again I am ignorant as to their quality. Are they accurate, do they do a good job on game?

I have used a lot of Speed rifle bullets, in various calibers for a long time.
They are good quality, and good game bullets.
I shot my first deer with a .243 105gr spitzer.

I had no problem working up accurate loads in my 300 and 270. My 270 loves the 140gn bt. Shot a deer 3 yrs ago at 275 yards and it drop within 30yds.

Vernon Speer was one of the founding guys of great hunting bullets; their quality is superb. Along with Sierra and Nosler, I won't using any others in my 7mag and 7-08

I love Speer Grand Slam. I loaded some 165s in my 308 at a moderate 2500fps for 50 yard hogs. Used them last deer season on a 125# doe at 127 measured yards. Half dollar exit and DRT. The bullet plowed 20 yards of ground before off into the trees. They shoot 1/2" in my old 788 with a SD of 7 and an ES of 22. The 7mm 175s will take you through large Moose.

Back