Tell me about my Colt 25 ACP Automatic Pistol...

I'd like to know what year it was made and the blue book value.

The Serial #120xxx, so it's too early to have the magazine disconnect feature. It's got about 70% of its blue, plastic grips but the Rampant Colt is a bit worn (like an old coin, few details). The Colt on the slide is sharp. Rifling is the sharp but the barrel is pitted. When I disassembled it to clean it, it was evident that the gun was carried (besides worn grips & worn blue) by the heavy dust balls which had collected inside the gun. Yuck.

Thanks Harley (and gang).

Gary, I believe you're describing the Colt Model 1908 Hammerless chambered in .25 ACP. Based on the serial number you've posted it was made in 1915, at least a year before the magazine disconnect feature was added. At 70% it could be worth about $200. A slight premium would be added for pearl grips. The value would be doubled if marked "U.S. Property". Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

That Model 1908 (a collectors' term - Colt called it the Model N or vest pocket hammerless) is, IMHO, the finest .25 auto ever made, and one of the few that is reliable enough to consider for serious purposes if nothing larger is available or usable. The wear is good in a way, as you can shoot the gun without worry and see what a small pistol can do. (Were the dustballs and lint extra or did the seller include them in the price?)

Jim

Back