Tees and sweats

Lee McNelly

A warning to old leos and new ones

most of us are proud of their profession but when off duty and w family dont wear a tee or sweats that has your dept emblem or badge especially at places that may get robbed and place your family in danger

Lee, I understand what you're saying, but this is a discussion forum. Would you care to share what prompted you to post this?

Otherwise, this is pretty close to a drive-by post and will have to be closed.

I suspect that Lee was pointing out that in wearing clothing identifying yourself as a LEO that you are making yourself and your family more of a target for shooters in a robbery or shooting spree. OT1H I think I would agree, but OTOH it might discourage the shooting by showing there is a trained shooter / observer in the crowd. I am not LEO, these are just my opinion. I was given a t-shirt that says "I Am Licensed To Carry A Concealed Weapon......". I am hesitant to wear it while carrying for the reason of identifying myself as being armed. I don't want to lose any element of surprise I might have, although anybody dumb enough to attack or attempt to rob me is probably too dumb to read anyway.

Sort of like the discussion of open carry, isn't it? Pros and cons from both sides of the isle and in the end all it is is opinion neither right nor wrong points of view.

Back