Ted Williams rifle

carlab

Inactive
I need info on how to get a magazine for a Ted Williams Sears gun, Model#273 2400 Mod 3TCAL22for my husband. We cannot find any info.

You should have a tube-magazine 1964-73 Winchester Model 190 or 290 semi-auto .22, stamped "Ted Williams" for Sears by Winchester.

Both inner & outer magazine tubes/followers/spring/etc should be available as Winchester 190/290 parts for any of several online parts vendors, like Numrich Arms, Bob's Gun Shop, and Wisner's (Google).

I've got a Winchester 190. Great shooting guns but they do have two slight negatives. 1 - trigger pull is going to be on the heavy side. 2 - Getting them apart and back together again takes a little more skill than most other guns. There is a takedown manual floating around the web that helps.

Those slight problems won't bother most shooters. For cleaning, I never bother to take mine apart. I just flood the action with CLP Powder Blast and blow it out with compressed air. Then, I follow it with a light shot of CLP Breakfree and blow that dry.

Back