TC Scout .54 Cal

taylorce1

I have a Thompson Center Scout in .54 cal that I acquired a few years back. I don't use this rifle and am thinking about selling it. I have no clue what they are worth I only know that TC doesn't make it any more. Can anyone help me to determine the value of this rifle I'd say it is in the 75-80% as far as condition.

The price is always dependent on the buyer, the market "place" where it's being sold and the condition of the gun. I certainly don't think it would sell for more than $200, probably somewhat less ($150), mostly because of the stated condition. Does it have the wood or Rynite (plastic) stock?
If you wanted closer to the maximum price, it might take longer to sell or it would have to sit in a gunshop with decent traffic for a while waiting for the right customer to see it.
BTW, I have an extra breechplug for one of those rifles. Could it use a new replacement? :)

I was hoping for to get about $150 for it with all the accessories. It also has the wood stock. It is kind of a neat rifle but I'm not much of a BP hunter.

I read one report where the person said that enough smoke belched out from an exhaust port to cause his face to get black from powder residue when the rifle was fired. Is it possible that could occur with the Scout? I have never heard about anyone else to make that claim.
Do you have any pictures that you could show us?

I don't have any pics at this time I'll try to get some to post. I've never had any problems with the exhaust ports on it making my face black. I'v only shot it around 20 times since I got it though.

Check gunbroker.com or gunsamerica. They usually have one for sale.
T/C guns are getting really high priced now because they quit making a lot of the.
Hawkens in anything but .50 cal are selling as high as 400.00

I don't know if this is a Hawken style rifle, it doesn't have a sidelock or octogan bbl. It kind of looks like a lever action rifle without the lever, it is just a flat sided receiver with a round bbl. I'm not really familiar with black powder rifle desings at all, but this doesn't have a traditional look to it.

Back