TC double set trigger ?

rebs

I have a TC Hawkins in 50 cal with the double set trigger. When I pull the hammer back all the way and set the trigger and pull it the hammer only falls to like half cock. I can push the hammer forward a little til it hits the nipple. Also when pulling the trigger there is about 1/8th inch of movement befor the gun fires.

Any idea's on this ? Could the trigger be out of adjustment ?

The fly is probably sticking.

e3Cf7jxl.jpg

The part with three holes sticking up above the lock plate. You can see the two screw holes and pin hole for the tumbler where it would normally be. They just swung it up out of the way so you could see the other parts.

I've never encountered a fully cocked hammer falling to half cock under a pre-set tension-ed front triggers pull?

In trying to slick up my triggers pull I made a serious mistake years ago
By stoning and polishing its sears and fly. In correcting /repairing.__ I had to replace the fly only. Although?
After the flys change out. I stopped using Break Free CLP for my triggers lubrication. I now lubricate my triggers works with Rem Oil only >done once a year.

Haven't incurred a trigger problem since.

Thank you guys for all the help. I checked all the screws on the lock and they were tight so I adjusted the trigger and now it works great. It was way out of adjustment.

Back