TC Compass any good?

birddog1

I just picked up a new TC Compass in .308. Reviews online seem good but I'm looking for real world experiences. I don't really have a need for it since you can't use it for deer in Ohio but after rebate it will be $200 plus tax. I've already mounted a Burris Fullfield E1 2-7 scope in Leupold rings.

Well, haven't had a chance to shoot it as I just picked it up last night and mounted the scope this morning. It seems to be a lot of value for the money and trigger is very crisp. I guess I'll see if the MOA guarantee holds true with premium ammo once I get it out and run some rounds through it.

I just picked one up for that same price and have not had a chance to take it out yet either. I also have a Ruger America Ranch in .300 BO. The two rifles compare with one another well, as far as I can tell so far.

Flex in the forend is about the same. Could be a problem if you mount a bipod and "load" the bipod a lot when shooting, but should be fine for most other applications.

The Ruger has a slight edge in trigger if you don't mind the safety bar in the trigger shoe. The trigger in in my Compass is a hair heavier as perceived by my finger but is extremely crisp and with zero overtravel.

The inside of the action on the RAR has machining marks that make the action a little rough. The Compass is very clean and smooth.

Lastly the barrel contour seems to be a bit larger on the Compass. The Ruger is 6 inches shorter and still has to increase the diameter at the muzzle to house the 5/8 - 24tpi threading. The 22 inch Compas only tapers down and is heavier as expected but not overly so.

If the Compass shoots as good as the RAR I will be ecstatic. The Ruger hovers around an inch at 100 yards for 5 shots.

Let us know how your's shoots when you have a chance to take it out.

For what it's worth my nephew and I shot my 243 Venture last night off a rest on the tailgate and most three shot groups could be covered by a quarter

Last edited:
Just got the compas in 6.5 creedmore came with a nikon 3 to 9 bdc scope for $369 and it has $75 rebate shot mine real quick so far so good have to get it to a real range great gun for the money
Bruce

Back