Tavor

TFL member Sturmgewehre has one, I believe and he's done some Youtube films about it. This a link to the TLF thread that has that video link.

Sturmgewehre's videos are always very good, in my experience. Plenty of research, good gun handling, nice facts and practical real world conclusions....

It handles very well. The controls are easy to reach and well thought out. It points well, and you dont feel the weight of the rifle since its close to the shoulder. I like where the bolt release is as its easy to bump on a mag change. Seems plenty acurate. It needs an optic, which sucks because its already expensive enough. Ive had no problems with it whatsoever. Recoil is soft.

I want a HD rifle, easy to field strip for maintenance, easy to carry and control, easy to hold and operate. Reliable. If the Tavor accepts AR-15 magazines and any AR's suppressor, it also can be my <300 meters range toy because I am not personally interested in >400 yards sniper rifle.

Attachments

• 004-4_zps2ebb9de4.jpg
    004-4_zps2ebb9de4.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I've put several rounds through one; great balance, the controls are very well thought out but hard to get used to quickly if you're used to the AR-15. It has a good trigger for a bullpup; very similar to a mil-spec AR trigger, though I'm used to Geiselle triggers on my ARs. Sights are OK, but I'd much prefer a red-dot. I think it's my favorite bullpup design that I've shot so far.

Back