Taurus Ultralite .22 Magnum?

sox

What are your opinons of the Taurus UL .22 Magnum? What is the actually weight? I couldn't find it on the Taurus website. Also, what is your overally opinon of the .22 Magnum. I have no experience with this round, but I am interested in a lightweight platform. Thanks, Dave.

My wife had one, I thought it was a great little revolver except it was too tight. After firing a couple cylinders (16 shots) it needed cleaning to keep the cylinder turning, had almost 0 cylinder gap. Easy fix and worked well after opening it up a few thousanths.
She got mad one day and threw her fanny pack, w/revolver inside, out the front door and when she cooled off the next day and went to retrieve it, it was gone! :eek: We live waaay out in the sticks with no neighbors around and off the pavement aways so it's unlikely somebody picked it up, I think a dog or coyote or something dragged it off. Never have found the pack or revolver.

Taurus UL .22 Magnum

I like mine a lot. I am still waiting, though, for someone to put out a .22 Magnum load for revolvers- the loads available now are loaded with rifle powder and the muzzle flash from a 2" barrel is amazing. Really loud, too.
I also think you give up a lot ballistically from a barrel that length- ballistic charts for the .22 Mag are posted at www.naaminis.com.

.22 Magnum Ballistics vary more than any other shell, given the
barrel length. They can put out more energy than a .380 p+
when shot from a rifle barrel (200+ fpe) but when shot from a
short barrel like a pistol they are equal to a hot 22 lr. ( 90-110
fpe) I wanted a 22 mag pistol and was curious to what it would
actually do in a defensive situation. The ballistics given on this
caliber can be very confusing...In a pistol situation you are better
off buying a 22 lr. and buying the hottest ammo you can. Same
ballistics and a whole lot cheaper to shoot.

Back